- Hangzhou Hofang International Youth Hostel, No.67 DaJing Lane, Hangzhou, China (The hostel is in the pedestrian area, take a taxi to the historical gate/Gulou of the city, walk through the gate, turn left, walk 150m to No. 67), . Popular with both Chinese and foreign travellers this extremely well located hostel provides those on a budget with clean rooms and comfortable beds aswell as friendly English speaking staff. Located on a beautiful pedestrian only lane just off Hefang old street and only moments to West Lake this is arguably the best backpackers in Hangzhou. $9-$14.
- Hangzhou Garden Youth Hostel opened in 2006 on ZhaoGong Causeway near the Hangzhou Botanic Gardens on the western shore of West Lake. It is part of Hostelling International and consists of a beautifully restored historic courtyard building. Dorm rooms have very clean, upmarket ensuite bathrooms with 24 hr hot water. The hostel is very convenient for walking and sightseeing around West Lake but its biggest drawback is the distance to restaurants and nightlife. It is a 15 minute walk to the bar/tea house/restaurant strip on Shuguang Road.
- Hangzhou International Youth Hostel, Nanshan Road (right on the east side of the lake and just off “bar street”, next to Qing Temple). Run by Hosteling International and has a friendly staff. Y40 w/membership, Y45 without membership, per night, 6 people to a room (you can get doubles as well for about Y200, including a lakeview double for Y250). All rooms and toilet/shower are extremely clean. Despite being literally a few paces from the clubs of Nanshan Road, this hostel is set back far enough to be relatively noise free and features a comfortable courtyard/patio with a pond. The lobby also has a boring bar and an all-right breakfast.
- My Inn Hotel, (我的客栈), opened in 2007 on #264 of QiuTao Rd, ShangCheng District, near the South Bus Station or ChangDuQiCheNanZhan, （长途汽车南站). Comfortable rooms without TV, although has a computer in rooms with internet at Y20 (optional). Bathrooms are clean, there is a convenience store in the lobby, and laundry, kitchen and business facilities in the building. Phone 4008280082, plenty of bus routes can be taken at the hotel front street. Address in Chinese: 杭州市上城区秋涛路264号（长途汽车南站对面.）Y99 per night.
- Pod Inn, (布丁酒店), several locations in Hangzhou, including two near West Lake. Similar in concept to My Inn with small, two person rooms starting at Y95 a night and larger rooms at higher price points.
- West Lake Youth House, No 62-3 Nanshan Rd (At the southern end of West Lake). Excellent rooms, friendly staff. Y50 dorm, Y200 double. Phone 0086 571 87027027, Fax 0571 88030237.
- Begin Again (那天以后) 105 Xu Village, Nine Creeks Road, near the entrance of Nine Creeks scenic spot. (九溪路徐村105号靠近九溪景区入口) Telephone: +86 13482834560 or +86 18717742263. A really pleasant boutique inn that opened only in August 2015. It has only five rooms, named after the owner and her pet dog and cats. Each room is very tastefully decorated and has its own style, with prices ranging from 350- 800 RMB (for a family suite), inclusive of a very decent breakfast. A very warm and homely place, with an owner who is a very charming and good-looking lady, but she can’t speak much English. The hotel is located near the hugely underrated Nine Creeks (九溪) scenic spot, which is an around 40RMB taxi ride away from the southern side of West Lake. Great place to stay for those who want a nice, relaxing walk in the woods at Nine Creeks, with its tea plantations and clear streams. Photos and more details can be found on Chinese booking sites like Ctrip, Qunar, and Dianping.
- Shenanbei Boutique Hotel  108 Manjuelong Road, Telephone: 86-571-89988558. This expat owned and run hotel has 16 elegant and artfully decorated rooms which reflect the colors of the seasons of Hangzhou. Situated in the mountains, has outdoor deck. Room service pizza’s from their Italian Restaurant. Western breakfast, Free wifi, complimentary minibar, exquisite bath tubs and extremely personalized service is what customers most talk about.
- Enjoyor Hotel  65 Qingchun Road, Shangcheng District, Telephone: 86-21-61226688 Ext. 7800. This hotel has 168 rooms, and also offers hydropathy treatments, a variety of dining options, and helpful services.
- Hangzhou Overseas Chinese Hotel ((杭州华侨饭店) Address: Hu Bin Road 15, Phone: 86-571-87685555. At the beginning of this pedestrian lakeside area, right next the Hyatt. If you get a lakeside room you have the same views and location as the Hyatt for one-quarter the price. Skip breakfast as it is all-Chinese, not very clean and full of other guests smoking their way through their meals. Otherwise, the rooms are clean and everything can be reached by foot. Also, taxis pass continuously in front of the hotel day and night, meaning that you never need to call for one. High-speed internet available on the 4th and 5th floor only.
- Hangzhou Sunny Huansha Hotel Address: 17 Huansha Road, Shangcheng District. A 3-star hotel offering 100 aptly furnished rooms with smart amenities such as desktop computer with free internet access. Primarily a business hotel, it has a well equipped business center and multi functional hall that can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Redstar Culture Hotel, 280 South Jianguo Road, Shangcheng District, ☎ +86-571-87703888, . A four star hotel next to the Hangzhou Railway Station Square. Maximize your reservation by attending a gala at its 900-capacity theater and enjoy a sumptous meal on their Chinese restaurant that offers Jiangsu, Sichuan, and Zhejiang cuisines.
- SouthLine Hotel (Nanxian Dajiudian), tel. +86-571-8777-3939, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A small but clean, well-located and reasonably well-appointed mid-range hotel one-half block off the lake and right next to the Zhejiang Art Academy on Nanshan Rd. Prices range from US$40 per night to over $100. The friendly staff speaks limited English.
- SSAW Hotel Hubin  221 Jiefang Road, Shangcheng District. 4-star hotel near Hubin Walk Street and Nanshan Leisure Avenue features elegant rooms, conference facilities, restaurant and bar, fitness center, and concierge and tour desks.
- Wyndham Grand Plaze Royale West Lake Hangzhou Excellent 5 star international hotel directly on the West lake/downtown. Unique customer service with many international and multilingual staff and comfortable rooms.Sumptuous breakfast buffet serving all international flavors and dishes. Number one hotel on Trip Advisor.Best Thai restaurant in town is also located on the 2nd floor of the hotel.Address: No.555 Fengqi Road, Xiachang District, Hangzhou 310006, China Phone Number:(86 571 8761 6888)
- Braim International Hotel  offers 5-star accommodation near the World Exhibition Center and West Lake. The hotel offers 297 rooms, restaurant and café, outdoor pool, and conference facilities. Address: 195 Jiaogong Road, Xihu District. Phone Number: 86-21-61226688 Ext. 7800.
- Braim Seasons Hotel Hangzhou  166 Zhonghe Middle Road (junction of Zhonghe and Jiefang Roads), Shangcheng District. Email: email@example.com. 4-star hotel with spacious rooms, free internet access, business center, and restaurant.
- Culture Plaza Hotel Zhejiang Address: 38 Wen Er Road. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-star hotel north of West Lake. It has 174 rooms with high-speed internet access and IDD phone. Facilities include the Super Book Market and the sprawling Wenhua Meeting Room.
- Dragon Hotel Hangzhou  120 Shuguang Road Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 310007. 5-star hotel with spacious rooms, free internet access, business and conference center, restaurants, shops, spa, etc. Names itself “smart hotel” because of several technological gadgets.
- New Century Grand Hotel (杭州开元名都大酒店), 818 Middle Shixin Road,Xiaoshan Hangzhou, . Hangzhou boasts the highest skyline of all premier hotels in Hangzhou with a height of 218 meters in 47 floors. edit
- European Style Holiday Hotel , a four-star hotel right by the banks of the West Lake, near the railway station. Address: No. 18 West Lake Street, Shangcheng District. Phone number: 86-571-28937288, fax number: 86-571-28930799.
- Friendship Hotel Hangzhou  is a four-star hotel on Pinghai Road, Hangzhou’s central business district. Amenities include rooms with West Lake or city views, multicultural restaurants, versatile function halls, and meeting rooms. Address: No. 53 Pinghai Road, Shangcheng District. Secured reservations are instantly confirmed online.
- Hangzhou Sunny Hotel  108 Jie Fang Road, Shangcheng District, Reservations contact: 86-21-61226688 Ext. 7800. More than 320 rooms, 7 restaurants.
- Huachen-Tang Palace (25 Pinghai Road). Four star hotel that is 5 minutes walk to the West Lake and with a fabulous international buffet breakfast.
- Hyatt Regency Hangzhou, 28 Hu Bin Road (right on the eastern shore of the lake), ☎ +86 571 8779 1234 (email@example.com), . 5 star hotel with 390 rooms & suites. The hotel is part of a multi use complex including an upmarket department store.
- Lakeview Hotel, 2 West Huancheng Road, Xihu District, ☎ 86-571-87078888, . 4-star hotel with rooms equipped with cable TV, high-speed internet access, bathroom with tub, hair dryer, and mini-bar. Some of its amenities include Lakeview Hotel Shopping Center, hame rooms (for chess, card games, and billiards), and a swimming pool. CNY 368 and up. edit
- Ramada (Haihua Binguan), Qingchun Road (near the West Lake). Located between Wulin Road and the West Lake, although lake-view rooms are somewhat limited and not very intimate.
- Shangri-La, 78 Beishan Road. Shangri-La has a lush green grounds, and is essentially a self-contained private village.
- Victoria Regal Hotel Zhejiang Address: 89 Yan An Road, Shangcheng District. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 5-star hotel offering 200 rooms with handsome interiors. Leisure and business facilities include the Ban Dao Buffet Center and the Viscount Grand Ballroom.
- Wang Hu/Lakeside Hotel, Hubin Road, cnr Qingchun Rd. Fabulous international buffet breakfast.
- Xin Ding Garden Hotel Adress: 135 Yanan Road. Email: email@example.com. 5-star hotel near West Lake with 118 rooms, business facilities, savory local and international cuisine, and free high-speed internet access.
- Zhejiang Grand Hotel 595 Yanan Road, Xiacheng District, Tel: 86-21-61226688 Ext. 7800  307 rooms, no frills. It also has 9 function rooms for events. An entertainment club and spa are some of the recreational facilities.
- Zhejiang Xizi Hotel Address: 37 Nanshan Road, Xihu District. Tel. No. 86-21-61226688 Ext. 7800. Near the historic Leifeng Pagoda in the West Lake area. Magnificent views, excellent facilities, and good service.
- Zhejiang Narada Grand Hotel Address:122 Shuguang Road (Shuguang Lu) Located at the foot of Baoshi Mountain, the Zhejiang Narada Grand Hotel (Zhejiang Shimao Junlan Dafandian) is a five-star hotel close to West Lake, Hangzhou’s premier tourist attraction.