- JZ Club, 6 Liuying Road (Nanshan Road), is one of the most sophisticated bars in Hangzhou, with live jazz performances every night and a range of beers, cocktails and wines.
- Cool Bar on West Lake Ave by Wushan Square has Budweiser for as low as Y5/bottle (the Wushan Square area also has several other bars).
- Maya Bar, 94 Baishaquan Rd and Shuguang Rd, is a popular expat watering hole with large servings of drinks and a simple bar menu.
- 1944, Shuguang Rd. Good atmosphere with cheap beer and quiet live music.
- You To, 85 Shuguang Rd, on the left of l’Amour french restaurant. One of the most successful bars in Hangzhou, run by a man who has made several bars popular. You To is busy every day with a local drinking crowd. Loud live music, busy atmosphere, and cheerful, friendly staff.
- 7 Club, Shuguang Road. located behind the flower shop opposite Yellow Dragon Hotel, is small local pub popular with expats a foreign students alike. Normally contains a quieter atmosphere and specializes in hard-to-find imported bottle beers.
- The Vineyard, Zhongtian Mansion, 173 Yugu Road, +86 0571 8763 2388. Featuring a menu created by Chef Rueben Marley, Vineyard is a venue in Hangzhou serving American pub foods like Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches, Bacon-Shroom-Melt burgers, and New York style pizza.Decent Happy Hours of BOGO until 8pm everyday.
- Eudora Station, 101-7 Nanshan Road, +86 0571 8791 4760, 9AM-2AM. Situated on the bustling main drag of Hangzhou, Eudora Station offers top-notch Western food and a wide selection of beers displayed on English menus. Take advantage of their daily happy hour specials and nightly promotions.Expect a Posh, business-orientated expat crowd with high prices to reflect.
- Casablanca, on the Westlake is a good, centrally-located place to hang out and feel at home.
Reggae Bar, an old Hangzhou favourite recently (June 2009) moved from Shuguang Road to Xueyuan Road, just north of Wensan Road. Big happy bar with lots of reggae music, a strong Jamaican motif and experienced staff.One Carlsberg draft beer is ¥22.
- SOS, Huanglong Road and Tianmushan Road. The big boy of Hangzhou, and is truly massive, with advanced sound and light, and is always full. SOS has fewer regulars, and more out-of-town clubbers.
- G+, in the Wahaha Building on Qingchun Road. The more sophisticated of the big clubs, catering to slightly better heeled 20-30’s crowd.
- Coco, Wangtang Road and Wensan West Road. Smaller club on the West side that attracts many expats. Music is more alternative for Hangzhou, and usually there are foreign DJs.